Social Media is used by many businesses as an effective digital marketing strategy in order to attract visitors to their sites and convert them into leads. It is an ever expanding platform that can be used to engage leads but also potential customers as well. In addition, social media can be used to delight customers as well as address issues promptly to keep customers happy.
There are millions of active users on social media platforms across the world that uses it either for business or in their daily routine. If you are considering using Social Media for your business, take a read of some Best Practices of Social Media to help you expand your company’s reach and improve your digital marketing strategy:
- Optimise your profiles – social media profiles are like mini versions of your website. Include keywords to your profiles to make them more searchable. This is your opportunity to showcase your personality to the world in the best possible way. Add images, URLs, Headers, Logos and Avatars. Search engines and users love visual data, so use it to your advantage.
- Know your Buyer Persona – Get the right content to them at the right time. Find out where they spend most of their time and which social media sites they use the most. Focus on the content they read and share. Most importantly, you need to understand why they are using social media. Knowing whether it is for business or pleasure will help tailor the content required to reach out to them.
- Build Reach – Connect with people you feel with help promote your business and share content from others when you can.
- Customise Content – Tailor content for each persona and network. Tailor and customise each platform to suit the different users. An easy way to remember would be to visualise each platform as follows:
- Twitter – The Conversation (short updates that are frequent with use of images and hash tags to trend topics)
- Facebook – The Personality (Updates are fun and personal, ask questions and use images)
- Linkedin – The Professional (Long, thought provoking topics/posts, use employees to share content, post to company pages and groups)
- Google + - The Search Engine Driver (Diversify content, great for SEO)
- Analyse – Always check to see if what you are doing is generating the results or reaching the goals you set out to achieve.
If you follow these best practices you will be sure to generate the desired results, expand your business and implement an effective digital marketing strategy. In fact, 74% of marketers saw an increase in traffic after spending just 6 hours per week on social media.
Check out our Inbound Marketing Calendar - it will help you get your company up and running with Inbound Marketing!